Monday, January 3, 2011

Introducing Tylie Ann Hulet

Tylie was born 11/12/10 at 5:26 pm She weighed 6 lbs 9 oz and was 18 1/2 in long. I was induced that morning at 4 am things went pretty slow for a long time. I was contracting but they didn't hurt too much. My Nurse Megan (Tyler's friend at works wife) asked how I was doing and if it would be a good time for her to take her 1/2 lunch. I said of course, about 5 min after that my water broke and I started to REALLY HURT. I called the nurses station and they said they would send in a nurse to help me. I was Tyler's cousin Michelle, she was so helpful. She Checked me and I dilated from a 2 to 4 while she was checking me. So they sent for an epidural. They had me sit up and gave me the epidural between contractions. Luckily my nurse was family because I squeezed her and gave her the biggest hug during my epidural. Then my nurse Megan came back and soon after my epidural I was ready to push. Megan coached me and Tyler was a big support at my side. About an hour or so after I started pushing she told me to stop and to wait for the Doctor. We waited 45 min for the doctor and then about ten min later Tylie was born. As they laid her on my stomach I was overwhelmed. She was beautiful and had the sweetest presence. She was very alert for a newborn. She just kept looking at me and Tyler and then she grasp hold of my finger. I'll never forget that moment... It was the most spiritual and miraculous experience. It all hit me at once that this was a special gift from my father in heaven and he had enough faith in us to raise one of his most choice daughters. I'm so grateful
for the gospel and for my heavenly father for entrusting me with something so important. I love her so much and am loving to get to know more and more about her each day. Tyler and I are so happy and are so excited to share our lives, home family and love with the newest additon of our family.
Grandma Campbell teaching me how to give Tylie her first bath

Tylie had jaundice when she was born. We had to keep her on lights for a few days after we brought her home


The lights gave her red patches all over her body... but I still love this picture


The day she was born




Our Little Angel

This picture was taken by a fabulously famous photographer Lacey Mecham.

3 comments:

  1. She is so cute!!! :) And you beat me out weight wise with her, Traysen was 9lbs 4oz. She is so precious Carlie! I'm so happy and excited for you both! Miss you tons girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure do love little Tylie! She's such a cutie! Oh and I wouldn't call myself famous or even a photographer! haha :) We'll have to take some more pictures sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubs, Ha ha I'm such a dork. When I wrote that I must have had her current weight on my mind cause she only weighed 6 lbs 9 oz :) oops. So you still have me beat. I don't know how you did it. Ps Traysen is so adorable

    Lacey, You don't give yourself enough credit. You are seriously amazing, and yes we will def have to take some more. I was thinking we should take some of Tylie and Cambri together in their matching blue polka dot outfits. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete